Just posting this as a guide that I can reference later on.
“The Microsoft GroupBoard Workspace template creates a space for a group or team to connect and share information in a collaborative environment, improving team efficiency and productivity. The template helps track team member whereabouts and status, and includes a built-in timecard list and organization chart. Meetings can be scheduled with attendees, and meeting rooms and other resources can be reserved. It also enables members to share phone messages and circulate memos.”
2. Unzip and run gbw.msi
If the your browser doesn’t load with the new template installed continue on…
3. Go to Sharepoint Central Administration
4. Go to Operations tab
5. Under Global Configuration section, click on Solution Management
6. Click on gbw.wsp
7. Click Deploy Solution
8. Choose to deploy the solution now to All Content Web Applications
Check to see if it was deployed properly:
9. Central Administration > Application Management Tab > Sharepoint Site Management Section > Create Site Collection Link
If you see GroupBoard Workspace as a Collaboration Template, you’re good to go. Otherwise, continue…
10. Open a cmd prompt and go to the 12 hive (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN)
11. Use STSADM.exe -o deploysolution -name gbw.wsp -url http://myurl -immediate -allowgacdeployment -force
That should do it.